Tuesday 15 July 2014

Welcome to the pools of self indulgence.


I've had a little bit of a break from the blogging world for a while. I've seen a lot of these posts atm and I finally understand them. I've been a fan of the blogosphere for a number of years and had my own for about a year. I never promote myself or show anyone what Im doing, although I love ever comment and follow I get, I have never strived for 'fame' or freebies. However I am watching more and more blogs being created as (or turn into) areas for vanity and pools of self indulgence. I think it's easy to tell who these people are and it's massively put me off.  

What brought me here was my love for fashion and the diary like posts people create, an insight into peoples style and personality. I've decided not to throw in the towel because I enjoy this for what it is, a personal thing. If you are here to show off please leave because I am not interested.



Share:

4 comments

  1. You are so honest and sincere, too many people blog for the attention and freebies and stuff (love your blog btw)
    http://looklovewear.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/summer-makeup.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment, means a lot!

      Delete
  2. I think I'm in the same boat as you here! I feel like so many people I've come across have got caught up in gaining followers/rewards and then forget to put forward any personality, makes their posts so dull to read x

    sunandsilver.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah 100%! Seen a lot of articles about it recently too, this one kinda hit the nail on the head! http://i-d.vice.com/en_gb/read/think-pieces/3653/is-the-fashion-worlds-instagram-feed-getting-you-down?utm_source=idfb

      Delete

© Pale Aesthetic | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig